Our Service and Quality Certificates
Our Service and Quality Certifications
Anadolu Medical Center has been structured with well-grounded approaches and designed in accordance with national and international accreditation and standardization requirements.
1) Integrated Management System
Anadolu Medical Center has obtained Integrated Management System Certification before completing its first year of establishment.
Our hospital has obtained the following certifications:
- ISO9001-2008: Quality Management System
- ISO14001: Environmental Management System
- OHSAS18001: Occupational Health and Safety
1.1) ISO 9001-2008 Quality Management System
ISO is the International Organization for Standardization. In Turkey, product-oriented certification studies have been started by TSE (Turkish Standards Institute). The first certification for medical institutions was performed in 1996.
- ISO 9000 standards explain the basics of the quality management system and specify the terminology for the quality methods.
- ISO 9001 standards specify the necessary conditions for an institution to increase customer satisfaction and meet the determined standards for the quality management system.
- ISO 9004 standards provide a guide that considers the efficiency and productiveness of the quality management system. The purpose is to improve the performance and satisfy the customers.
- ISO 19011 standards provide a guide for quality and environmental management systems.
ISO 9000 standards can be summed up under 6 major headings:
- General Conditions
- Documentation Conditions
- Responsibility of the Administration
- Resource Management
- Product/ Service Implementation
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
1.2) ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 is a step that was taken for protecting the natural structure and environmental characteristics. ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard encourages the use of technologies, which do not destroy the environment and natural resources, and raises consumer awareness and sensitivity in this respect. It also enables to eliminate products and raw materials, which are harmful to the environment.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System has been constituted to specify and evaluate the environmental impact of the services provided by our hospital and establish control over the possible harmful effects. Anadolu Medical Center’s principle of adhering to modern practices closely is a necessary condition for the environmental management system.
Any institution, that has fulfilled the requirements of and qualified for the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certificate, should:
- Contribute to the prevention of pollution by managing and recycling wastes.
- Reduce consumption of natural resources by using its resources effectively.
- Reduce its costs by bringing waste under control.
- Create a strong sense of trust in society by ensuring the protection of environment and promoting environmental awareness.
- Make its employees feel proud of working in an institution, which respects society and environment
Our hospital fulfills all legal requirements and provides improvements in the following areas within the scope of its environmental management system:
Medical waste control
- Hazardous waste control
- Achieving radiation safety
- Solid waste control
- Water pollution control
- Protection of air quality
- Noise control
- Procuring recycling of recycable glasses, papers, toners and waste oils
- Training of employees, patients, patients’ relatives and subcontractors on environmental issues
- Effective use of natural resources
- Providing waste collection in closed, impermeable and odor-tight containers.
What does a hospital achieve by implementing ISO 14001 Environmental Management System?
- The hospital provides service in accordance with the environmental laws and regulations.
- It ensures the management and control of medical, solid, liquid and hazardous waste, management of gas emissions, noise control and radiation security in compliance with the relevant regulations
- It is prepared for calamities.
- It assures the continuity of its success.
1.3) OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System describes the elements of the activities, which affect health and safety. It aims at achieving compatibility with the relevant laws, while providing continuous improvement and measurement in the development of work environment and reaching the objectives.
OHSAS 18001 OHS provides a safe and healthy work environment for the employees. OHS supports the employees of an institution in conducting planned and systematic studies about occupational health and safety to reach better competitive conditions.
2) JCI (Joint Commission International) Accreditation
Our hospital has been accredited by JCI since February 17, 2007. This certification means that the institution has fulfilled all requirements within the framework of a set of standards, which are specified by JCI for improving the patient care quality, reducing the risks by ensuring a safety environment for the patients and employees and ensuring continuous improvement.
JCI standards are collected under 2 main titles as patient-centered standards and organization-centered standards.
- Care and continuity of care
- Rights of patients and patient relatives
- Evaluation of the patients
- Care of the patients
- Anesthesia and surgery
- Management and usage of medicines
- Training of patients and patient relatives
- Quality improvement and patient safety
- Prevention and control of infections
- Governance, Leadership and Direction
- Facility management and safety
- Employee qualifications and training
- Communication and information management
ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology)
The ESMO certificate given by the European Society for Medical Oncology evaluates the quality of care for oncology patients and certifies that all needs of the patients are assessed and applications performed in this respect. Our hospital obtained this certificate in October 2007, and has been re-certified in 2010.
We are a member of KalDer
The Turkish Quality Association (KalDer) is a non-governmental organization, founded by a group of volunteers in 1991. The purpose of KalDer is to create appropriate environments for all private and public institutions and organizations and all non-governmental organizations to obtain quality degrees on an international level and to enhance their competitiveness. Having more than 2.100 corporate members, KalDer is a member of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM). It has initiated the implementation of Total Quality Management and International Quality Movement in Turkey. Our hospital has become a member of KalDer on March 14, 2008.
What does it mean to be a member of KalDer?
- Aiming to continuously enhance competitiveness
- Being a part of International Quality Movement
- Offering and finding more sharing and learning opportunities
- Being one of the companies to adopt the Quality and Perfection as a philosophy
- Being part of a large international family
- Winning! (winning with all your stakeholders and in all respects)
What is National Quality Movement?
It is a cooperation with KalDer which institutions initiate in order to
- Adopt Total Quality Management;
- Apply EFQM Excellence Model;
- Perform a self-assessment based on the model.