Our Service and Quality Certificates
Our Service and Quality Certifications
Anadolu Medical Center has been structured with well-grounded approaches and designed in accordance with national and international accreditation and standardization requirements.
1) OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System describes the elements of the activities, which affect health and safety. It aims at achieving compatibility with the relevant laws, while providing continuous improvement and measurement in the development of work environment and reaching the objectives.
OHSAS 18001 OHS provides a safe and healthy work environment for the employees. OHS supports the employees of an institution in conducting planned and systematic studies about occupational health and safety to reach better competitive conditions.
2) JCI (Joint Commission International) Accreditation
Our hospital has been accredited by JCI since February 17, 2007. This certification means that the institution has fulfilled all requirements within the framework of a set of standards, which are specified by JCI for improving the patient care quality, reducing the risks by ensuring a safety environment for the patients and employees and ensuring continuous improvement.
JCI standards are collected under 2 main titles as patient-centered standards and organization-centered standards.
- Care and continuity of care
- Rights of patients and patient relatives
- Evaluation of the patients
- Care of the patients
- Anesthesia and surgery
- Management and usage of medicines
- Training of patients and patient relatives
- Quality improvement and patient safety
- Prevention and control of infections
- Governance, Leadership and Direction
- Facility management and safety
- Employee qualifications and training
- Communication and information management
ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology)
The ESMO certificate given by the European Society for Medical Oncology evaluates the quality of care for oncology patients and certifies that all needs of the patients are assessed and applications performed in this respect. Our hospital obtained this certificate in October 2007, and has been re-certified in 2010.
We are a member of KalDer
The Turkish Quality Association (KalDer) is a non-governmental organization, founded by a group of volunteers in 1991. The purpose of KalDer is to create appropriate environments for all private and public institutions and organizations and all non-governmental organizations to obtain quality degrees on an international level and to enhance their competitiveness. Having more than 2.100 corporate members, KalDer is a member of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM). It has initiated the implementation of Total Quality Management and International Quality Movement in Turkey. Our hospital has become a member of KalDer on March 14, 2008.
What does it mean to be a member of KalDer?
- Aiming to continuously enhance competitiveness
- Being a part of International Quality Movement
- Offering and finding more sharing and learning opportunities
- Being one of the companies to adopt the Quality and Perfection as a philosophy
- Being part of a large international family
- Winning! (winning with all your stakeholders and in all respects)
What is National Quality Movement?
It is a cooperation with KalDer which institutions initiate in order to
- Adopt Total Quality Management;
- Apply EFQM Excellence Model;
- Perform a self-assessment based on the model.