The major goal of the group conversations held at the Anadolu Medical Center is to convene the people sharing similar destinies and to make them gain strength for life by elucidating them and raising their awareness regarding issues which render them "weak".
Scientific data demonstrate that toxic fictions which we call "nosebo effect", created by lifelong-learnt, hearsay, false and destructive information, adversely affect patients' healing process. Likewise this means one's harming himself by keeping the focus within a chaos of thought which harms the body and hinders the natural amelioration power of the same. However, the factor that facilitates, shortens, and makes successful to a great extent the healing process is the patient's mobilizing his own healing power and thereby accompanying the recovery of health. In this case, reintegration of the desire for and joy of life are of great importance.
It is natural for the patient to focus on solving the problem that threatens his life and distresses him, but the "inner knowledge" that creates the perception needs to be changed. Performing such process in the group environment encourages people both to bare their hearts and share. Such a multiple manifestation causes other individuals to question themselves again and again through the point of view of others. Such mutual exchange is one of the important benefits of group therapy. Furthermore, people see that they are not alone in their problems and restore their self confidence.
Our rehabilitation program includes the following topics:
- The relationship between stress and illness
- Immune system and stress
- Personality profiles creating tendency to illness
- Sovereignty of our belief system over ourselves
- The illness is a warning program
- Problems that lead us to stalemate and the reasons behind why we perceive them like this
- Exercises on amending beliefs and perspective
- Methods of transforming our behavioral habbits: Putting in practice the solution oriented point of view
- What the illness provided us: Destructing the old in order to build the new
- The value and meaning of life
- The feelings that we perceive as "destructive" and which are seen as negative have very important functions in order for us to survive and proceed when they are used in the right manner. Recognizing their constructive and destructive uses
- What is "mourning"? Completion of unexpressed laments
- The importance of forgiveness
- Making and implementing a life plan, creating a future. Simple equation of using the body in a healthy manner
- The patient-attendant relationship, supporting the patient without being harmed
- Developing intuitions and creativity, learning to enjoy life, activating the 5 senses
- The importance of games and making jokes and learning to disdain life
- As long as our soul is not healed our body cannot recover. Revealing our spirituality and self identity
- What are self-esteem and self-confidence in fact?
- What is aging? The stages of life, transition from material to moral
- Levels of consciousness: Raising our vibrations by elevating our calibrations (a measure of compliance with universal laws)
- Acquiring the conscious of universe and awareness, trusting the functioning of the universe and our nature, being in surrender and flow
Who can join the group conversations?
Generally oncology patients, patient companions, nurses and other health workers employed in the hospital attend such meetings. Conversations are held twice a month between 13:00 and 17:00. Those who can not follow up the conversations constantly may have the opportunity to learn about the topics discussed in the day and practice them in their lives. On the other hand, we observe that those attending regularly experience great changes in their points of view and lives.
Furthermore, we see that even after the patients completed their treatments and recovered their health, they continue to attend the conversations due to their interests in the issues and with a desire to maintain their self improvements. In addition to that the hospital employees as well demonstrate efforts to participate in the conversations as much as they could for the same reasons.
Acupuncture is completely a scientific treatment method applied by dipping needles into specific points of the body for the purpose of curing various illnesses. Acupuncture has been used notably in China and other Far Eastern countries in order to cure diseases for a period of over 5,000 years. Today it is a complementary medicine method which is widely used in many western countries such as Germany, Austria, France and the USA. The main philosophy of such treatment is based on the unity, equilibrium and harmony between the energy flows that exist everywhere in the whole universe whether living or non-living. Acupuncture in this sense is a balance therapy.
The World Health Organization acknowledged acupuncture treatment as a scientific method in 1979 and publicized a list of medical conditions wherein it is effective. In our country, "the Regulations on Acupuncture" was issued in 1991 and the conditions of application of such treatment and the qualifications of the practitioners were prescribed. Acupuncture might be applied by medical doctors who completed the 500 hours course opened with the approval of the Ministry of Health and succeeded in the examination and thereby granted the certificate accredited by the Ministry of Health.
A Latin word, “ozone” means "smelling". As we know it, ozone is a gas which is formed by conversion of O2 to O3 by UVB rays in the upper layers of atmosphere. It is a heavy gas and has a unique smell. Ozone was first defined in late 1800s by Christian Friedrich Schönbein, a German Chemist. Ozone is used for surface cleaning, water cleaning, sanitation and kills viruses and bacteria. Ozone cannot be taken by inhalation because it is toxic if inhaled. It can only be applied as a cream which is produced with olive oil. If mixed with other oils, it flames up. Or it may directly be injected into a muscle or a joint. There is also another method called “major hemotherapy". In this method, the patient's blood is transferred to a vacuum bottle where it is enriched with ozone and administered back to the patient. Also, there are treatment methods called "bag therapy" to treat foot lesions called "diabetic foot” and extremity lesions, which are applied by keeping the extremity in a special ozone-oxygen mixture.