Matters to consider for your safety
The fact that you know your treatment plan and participate in your treatment enables you to leave the hospital much quicker and safer. For this reason, we ask you to state and deliver any medication you bring with you and use to your physician and nurse.
Your medication that must be approved by the physician and pharmacist for safe use of medications;
- Prescription and non-prescription drugs (like aspirin or cough syrups)
- Vitamins and herbal products
You must inform your physician or nurse if you are allergic to any food or medication. It is of vital importance to follow up the drugs you use during your visit at our hospital and know which drugs you take and why. Please make sure that your nurse checks your identity wristband on which your information is written before the nurse gives you any medication.
Your participation in the treatment and care plan
Your participation in the treatment and care process is important to ensure that you know which treatment is performed and why, and that you overcome the process much easily. For this reason;
- Speak to your nurse and physician about your treatment and care.
- Be sure that you understand your treatment and do not hesitate to ask things you don’t understand.
- If you are to undergo a surgery, get information from your physician about the procedures to be performed.
- If you have pain, please inform your nurse and physician. Thus, they would take necessary actions.
Measures you take against injuries
As you are not familiar to the hospital environment or due to the drugs you use, some tasks that you easily perform in daily life may become hard and you may be exposed to risks. For this reason, please take the following measures:
- If your doctor or nurse warned you not to stand up on your own, please take it seriously and ask for help to stand up.
- Keep your phone, nurse call button or any of your belongings that you need at a distance that you can easily reach.
- Ask your nurse to bring your bed to a level so that you can easily get out or in.
- If you are permitted to walk without help, please make sure that there is sufficient light in your walking area.
- To prevent slipping of your feet, please prefer slippers with rubber sole. Pay attention to signs that specify wet floor.
- If you need a walking stick or a walking aid, make sure that you use them safely and easily.
- If you need a bath, please ask help from your nurse.
Hand washing and protection from infections
Washing your hands using the right methods is the most important rule for preventing infections. For this reason, you have to wash your hands frequently and properly. All our health professionals have to ensure hand hygiene before performing any procedure on you. If necessary, you should remind them. You can use hand washing units mounted on all patient care settings and patient rooms at our hospital taking into account the following warnings.